A 'Wow-Factor' Lobster!
My Sister, Liz, introduced this to me as one of her catering dishes. A lobster chock-full of seafood! Its as succulent as it looks. Picture this at a holiday party, a family picnic gathering, or showing it off at your next 'Seafood Bash'. Wow!
- Cut the shrimp, scallops, salmon and cooked lobster into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl to the side.
- (Keep shrimp and scallops in one bowl, salmon and lobster in another)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter over low heat
- Add the garlic, onions and celery. Saute over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add only the scallops and shrimp and sauté over medium heat for few minutes.
- Remove the seafood from the pan and place in bowl to the side.
- Deglaze the pan with the seafood stock, stirring as you go to work with all the bits from the seafood. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low and add the cream a little at a time, stirring as you go. Keep on stove until the cream has reduced to half, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the seafood back in.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, uncovered for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir in gently
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley.
- Add a tsp. of tarragon or nutmeg if you like.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garnish: 1/2 pound Kale
As an alternate, you can serve with toasted pita triangles around platter.
As guests devour your stuffed lobster, keep replenishing it with more lobster mixture.
*This recipe can be made Gluten-Free.
Pairs well with a Sauvignon, Blush Wine, Champagne or Rose.