A Pomme-Pomme Pizza!
Making Apple Pizza!
My exploration in Ontario, Canada, to Spirit Tree Apple Cidery, brought us to creation of an artisan pizza- with flavors of crisp apples, potatoes, blue cheese and more. Thus; the Pomme-Pomme pizza!. One of the most unique pizza's I've ever tasted! All part of our Off the Beaten Palate shoot in Caledon, Ontario.
1⁄2 poundPizza Dough, rolled out to 16” round (thin crust)
1⁄2 cupCaramelized onions
1⁄2 cupRoasted Potatoes (Thin sliced )
1⁄2 cupMcIntosh Apples (Thin sliced )
1 tablespoonRosemary ( Fresh & chopped)
1 1⁄3 cupMozzarella (shredded)
1⁄4 cupBlue cheese
1⁄4 cupWalnuts (chopped)
- Roll pizza dough out very thin, leaving an edge about 1/2 inch.
- Spread onions out over dough within the edge.
- Alternate apple and potato slices evenly over pizza.
- Evenly spread mozzarella over pizza, then crumble blue cheese over top.
- Sprinkle rosemary over pizza.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on pre-heated pizza stone in oven heated 500’ F.
- While still hot, sprinkle walnuts and drizzle honey over top.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Enjoy with a your favorite Cider!
- Plain Text