A Pomme-Pomme Pizza!
Making Apple Pizza!
My exploration in Ontario, Canada, to Spirit Tree Apple Cidery, brought us to creation of an artisan pizza- with flavors of crisp apples, potatoes, blue cheese and more. Thus; the Pomme-Pomme pizza!. One of the most unique pizza's I've ever tasted! All part of our Off the Beaten Palate shoot in Caledon, Ontario.
- Roll pizza dough out very thin, leaving an edge about 1/2 inch.
- Spread onions out over dough within the edge.
- Alternate apple and potato slices evenly over pizza.
- Evenly spread mozzarella over pizza, then crumble blue cheese over top.
- Sprinkle rosemary over pizza.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on pre-heated pizza stone in oven heated 500’ F.
- While still hot, sprinkle walnuts and drizzle honey over top.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Enjoy with a your favorite Cider!