An impressive salad that will surprise your guests! The combination of lightly fried squid worked into radicchio is a slam-dunk with fulfilling two food categories. Sustainable seafood and hearty vegetables.
- Julienne radicchio and then cut into half the size. Toss with a bit of olive oil, season with kosher salt and set aside
- After cutting squid tubes into rings, tossed lightly in seasoned flour, coating all over and set aside
- Heat vegetable oil in deep frying pan or medium-sized pot and bring oil to medium-high heat (after about 3-minutes)
- With mess spoon place batches of squid rings into hot oil and flash fry for two and half minutes only
- Remove calamari and spread out onto paper town to let excess oil release; season with kosher salt a bit
- After cooled down, gentle add and turn into the radicchio ( you can do this with your hands gently)
- Before plating, drizzle vinegar across plate turning plate as you do it
- Build radicchio and calamari in round mold (can make out of bottomless paper cup or throw-away container. Or build up carefully with hands)
- Give another drizzle of vinegar and olive oil over the top, and can squeeze a little lemon all over
- Optional: garnish with parsley or fennel fronds
* Note for best fried calamari result: your looking for a lite, crisp fried coating but still tender.